Along with his B.S. degree in Public Safety and Emergency Management, Mr. Dean Hunt has over 30 years in the fire service, with the last 19 years working as a full-time fire investigator and fire marshal.
He is a Certified Fire Investigator (CFI) with the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI) and also holds the Motor Vehicle Fire Credential endorsement from IAAI, a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI) through the National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI), as well as a Certified Fire Inspector II with the International Code Council (ICC). Mr. Hunt is experienced in the interpretation and enforcement of the International Building Code, the International Residential Code, and the International Fire Code as it relates to fire, life safety, and egress in existing buildings and new construction, as well as with residential and commercial fire protection systems.
In addition to over 1,100 fire investigations, Mr. Hunt has conducted over 200 live fire training tests utilizing modern furnishings and materials.
Mr. Hunt has extensive experience in public speaking as well as presenting at both national and local conferences including the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Conferences and Vision 20/20 Symposium of Model Programs of Fire Prevention. He has also been recognized for his Fire Prevention Programs in National Fire Academy publications and courses as a ’model program’ in Fire Prevention.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Public Safety and Emergency Management, B.S.: Grand Canyon University (2001)
• Certified Fire Investigator: International Association of Arson Investigators
• Motor Vehicle Fire Credential Endorsement: International Association of Arson Investigators
• Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator: National Association of Fire Investigators
• Certified Fire Inspector II: International Code Council