Along with a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Mr. Dennis Rasco is a registered professional engineer with experience and industry knowledge covering over 48 years in various areas, including maintenance, operation, design, engineering, procurement, project and construction management, scheduling, cost estimating and budget control, implementing quality and control procedures, and safety. This U.S. Army veteran is also a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator and a Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator.
Mr. Rasco has extensive expertise in analyzing electrical failures, plant electrical systems, equipment maintenance, motor failures, transformer failures, electrical construction and design issues, control systems, electrical shock, work practices, electrical equipment subjected to water, fire, or transportation damage, and determining the cause and origin of electrical incidents. His experience includes plant construction, plant start-up, plant operation, project management, regulatory compliance issues, and the design, installation, repair, and operation of fiber optic networks. He has received specialized training in fiber optic splicing techniques.
As a forensic consultant, his responsibilities are diverse. Some of his recent representative engagements include: assessing flood water damage to equipment in a power generating facility; investigating cause of failure during commissioning of a diesel generator; determining the extent of damage caused by failure of an air compressor; assessing damage to electrical and control equipment caused by a major fire in a refinery; evaluating cause and origin of household electric appliance failures, computer failures, and electrical failures and fires; calculating the value and reasonable cost of repairs of damaged electrical and communication equipment from construction activities; and analysis of a manufacturing facility’s electrical system to determine if it was appropriately represented in a purchase agreement.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Electrical Engineering, B.S.: University of Texas at Austin (1970)
• Registered Professional Engineer: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming
• Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI): National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI)
• Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator (CVFI): National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI)
• Six Sigma Green Belt
• Memberships: Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE); Houston IEEE Consulting Group (Past Director); National Association of Fire Investigators; National Fire Protection Association; National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying; National Society of Professional Engineers; Texas Society of Professional Engineers