Mr. Edward Tornberg holds a B.S. in Naval Architecture and an M.S. in Civil Engineering. His broad-ranging career over 32 years has included roles in structural design, construction management, and facilities management. He maintains professional engineering licenses (civil and/or structural) in most western and mountain region states.
During his military career, he served in the U.S. Navy Civil Engineer Corps, the group responsible for executing and managing the planning, design, acquisition, construction, operation, and maintenance of the Navy’s shore facilities. After his military service, Mr. Tornberg gained experience as a structural engineer and general contractor. He has design proficiency in steel, wood, concrete, and masonry structures as well as expertise in light-frame buildings. His expertise in wood structures is augmented by cross-disciplinary experience in construction management, carpentry, building envelopes, and roof systems, as well as interactions of structures with building finishes, energy efficiency measures, and mechanical systems. Mr. Tornberg has specialized in projects which utilize modular construction, including adaptation of unique requirements to facilitate transportation and site work for such structures.
As a forensic investigator, he is responsible for assessing the cause, origin, and extent of failures in buildings, and recommending remediation for the purpose of resolving claims and legal disputes. His expertise includes structural evaluations, building envelope assessments, and premises liability assessments (including slip/trip/fall evaluations).
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Naval Architecture, B.S.: United States Naval Academy (1989)
• Civil Engineering, M.S.: Oregon State University (1999)
• U.S. Navy Civil Engineer Corps School
• Licensed Professional Engineer (Structural): Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming
• Licensed Professional Engineer (Civil): California, Colorado, Montana, Oregon, and Washington
• Licensed General Contractor: Oregon
• Earth Advantage Sustainable Homes Professional: Oregon