Mr. Eric Brazzel is a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator, POST Certified in Law Enforcement, and Certified Fire Officer VI.
He also served the past 15 years as the primary fire investigator for the City of Ruston Fire Department in Ruston, Lousiana, investigating residential, commercial, industrial, and vehicle fires, including fire-related injuries/fatalities.
Mr. Brazzel worked as the prevention officer, teaching fire safety to all ages of the public. He also enforced the law during arson cases. He completed numerous educational seminars and continuing education courses in the field of fire investigation and fire code enforcement with a specialization in Fire Protection Services as a Fire Extinguisher & Kitchen Hood Suppression Technician and is currently licensed in the state of Louisiana, as such.
Mr. Brazzel also worked as a Nationally Registered Emergency Medical Technician for the past 32 years operating an ambulance in the City of Ruston.
Currently, Mr. Brazzel has transitioned from the public sector after 32 years of dedicated service into the private fire consulting team with Rimkus. He is an active member of the Louisiana Fire Investigator’s Association and currently serves as the North Louisiana Vice President.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator: National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI)
• National Registered Emergency Medical Technician
• LA P.O.S.T. Certified: North Delta Training Academy U.L.M.
• Certified Fire Investigator: Louisiana State University (LSU)
• Licensed Private Investigator: Louisiana and Texas
• Certified Fire Officer I, II, III, IV: Louisiana State University and Alabama Fire College
• Certified Fire Fighter I and II: Louisiana State University (LSU)
• Certified Fire Service Instructor I and II: Louisiana State University (LSU)
• Certified Fire Incident Safety Officer: Louisiana State University (LSU)
• Certified Fire Inspector I: Louisiana State University (LSU)
• CPR/AED Instructor for American Heart Association
• NIMS compliant 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, 800
• Licensed Fire Extinguisher Technician: LSFM
• Licensed Pre-Engineered Fire Suppression: LSFM