Mr. Eric Dempsey holds a B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering and is a registered Professional Engineer in Alabama, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, and Wisconsin. He is also a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator and a Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator.
In his career, Mr. Dempsey has completed engineering designs for ASME code pressure vessels and atmospheric storage tanks for food and pharmaceutical, pulp and paper, ethanol, and other commercial and industrial applications.
As a consultant, Mr. Dempsey has participated in over 1,000 forensic investigations. He has extensive experience in origin and cause investigations involving all types of mechanical and electrical equipment and vehicles. He routinely completes damage assessments, repair vs. replace analysis, and cost analysis for all types of claims involving damage to mechanical or electrical equipment from fires, floods, water leaks, hail, lightning, power surges, tornadoes, hurricanes, workplace accidents, and more.
Mr. Dempsey has been certified in court as an expert witness and has testified in depositions and/or trials regarding origin and cause, damage assessment, cost analysis, and salvage.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Mechanical Engineering, B.S.: Iowa State University (2003)
• Licensed Professional Engineer: Alabama, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, and Wisconsin
• Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI): National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI)
• Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator (CVFI): National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI)
• Asbestos Operations & Maintenance (OSHA Class III) accreditation
• Certified trainer and operator of powered industrial lift trucks (forklifts)
• Universal refrigerant technician certification per EPA 608