Gary D. Osterholt
Senior Consultant / P.E., ACTAR / Columbus / Cleveland
Mr. Osterholt is a registered Professional Engineer and has earned Bachelor and Master of Science degrees in Mechanical Engineering from Florida State University. He has extensive education, training, and experience in vehicular accident reconstruction, mechanical engineering, vehicle dynamics, occupant kinematics, failure analysis and products analysis. He has performed inspections and engineering analyses in hundreds of cases involving vehicle accident reconstruction and vehicle component failures, including braking, steering and suspension components. In addition his areas of expertise include automobile racing; small recreational vehicles such as ATVs and go-karts; and vehicle component failures including braking, steering and suspension components.
Mr. Osterholt is an accredited traffic accident reconstructionist by the Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR). He has completed vehicular accident reconstruction analyses for all types of vehicles, including passenger vehicles, commercial tractor/trailers. He has also analyzed pedestrian accidents and bicycle and motorcycle collisions.
Mr. Osterholt has utilized advanced computer software to develop simulations of vehicular collisions. He has performed photographic and photogrammetric analyses of vehicle deformation and scene evidence. He is trained and certified to download and analysis Event Data Recorder information from passenger and commercial vehicles.
- Vehicle accident investigation and reconstruction
- Failure analysis of mechanical equipment
- Vehicle system failures analysis
- Commercial vehicle inspections
- Retrieval of vehicle event data recorder information for passenger and commercial vehicles.
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, Florida State University
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Florida State University
- Professional Engineer - Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Wisconsin
- ACTAR Accredited Accident Reconstructionist, #2067
- SAE Technical Reviewer