Gary D. Osterholt
Senior Consultant / P.E., ACTAR / Columbus / Cleveland
Mr. Osterholt holds a B.S. and M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering and is a registered professional engineer in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. He is also an accredited traffic accident reconstructionist by the Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR).
He has extensive education, training, and experience in vehicular accident reconstruction, mechanical engineering, vehicle dynamics, occupant kinematics, failure analysis and products analysis. In addition his areas of expertise include automobile racing and small recreational vehicles such as ATVs and go-karts. He has investigated failures and accidents resulting from failures in a wide range of mechanical systems, such as vehicles (including engines, transmissions, tires, suspensions, brakes, seat belts and air bags), plumbing (including pipe freezes), HVAC, fire sprinkler systems, consumer products, appliances, door systems, ladders and industrial equipment.
Education and Certifications
- Mechanical Engineering, B.S.: Florida State University
- Mechanical Engineering, M.S.: Florida State University
- Licensed Professional Engineer: Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Wisconsin
- Accredited Accident Reconstructionist: ACTAR
- Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Remote Pilot Rating: FAA