Mr. Hugo Adriazola holds an M.S. degree in Structural Engineering and a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering. He is a registered professional engineer in the states of Michigan, New York, Louisiana, Florida, and Puerto Rico, with extensive structural design experience on mid to high-rise building projects, project management, construction administration, and on-site structural inspections. Additionally, Mr. Adriazola possesses Florida Special Inspector and Certified General Contractor licenses.
Mr. Adriazola is a tenured structural engineer with over 15 years of experience. He utilizes strong experience managing all aspects and details of projects from the design development stage to issuing construction documents. Analysis, design, permitting, and coordination issues; RFIs; submittals; proposals; shop drawings; and inspections. His structural building design experience includes residential, commercial, mixed-use, retail, hotels, and parking garages.
Mr. Adriazola is an experienced peer reviewer of Engineer of Records’ construction documents and calculations using computerized software and/or calculations to independently create models for specific structural elements looking for inconsistencies, errors, omissions, outdated information, and specifications, and any possible issues to comply with design codes and building code requirements. He has strong experience in the analysis and design of buildings using finite element analysis software such as ETABS, SAFE, SAP2000, RAM Concept, RAM Structural Systems, BIES Visual Analysis, Tekla Tedds, Enercalc, and other engineering tools such as Mathcad, REVIT, AutoCAD, MicroStation, Primavera Project Planner, Microsoft Project, SP Structure Point Software, FEHT, HecRas, AGI32, Smart Bridge and Microsoft Office, between others. He is knowledgeable of local and national building codes, design practices, standard engineering procedures, and standard construction practices.
Mr. Adriazola’s forensic investigation experience extends to flooring failures, building settlement and collapses, hurricane and wind damage, concrete failures, concrete and masonry cracking, retaining wall and seawall distress, chloride corrosion of concrete construction, fiberglass-reinforced plywood inspections, steel and wood joist and truss failures, construction vibration analysis, underground utility failures, pool failures, moisture intrusion through building envelopes, roofing system failures, and tile floor failures. In addition to investigating construction claims, construction disputes, and construction accidents, he also provides estimating for commercial, residential, and new construction repairs.
Mr. Adriazola’s areas of expertise include special threshold inspections, underwater seawall inspections, dock inspections, and 40-year building re-certifications for structural integrity with recommendations for structural restoration.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Master of Science in Civil Engineering (Structural Engineering), M.S.: Florida International University, Miami, FL – USA (Dec. 2010)
· M.Sc. Thesis: “Finite Element Heat Transfer Analysis of Concrete versus Timber residential roofs.”
• Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering, B.S.: National Universidad Diego Portales, Santiago, Chile (Dec. 2007)
· B.Sc. Thesis: “Behavior of FRP Strengthened Infill Walls under In-Plane Seismic Loading, Repair and Seismic Rehabilitation of Masonry Infill Walls Reinforced Externally to Shear.” which includes cost analysis.
• Professional Engineer Licenses: Michigan, New York, Texas, Louisiana, Florida, and Puerto Rico
• Special Inspector of Threshold Buildings License
• Certified General Contractor License
• Certifications: Engineer Procore Certification, OSHA-30hr., Certified Diver.
• Memberships: American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), American Concrete Institute (ACI), Florida Engineering Society (FES), Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE).