Mr. Jeffrey Kuehn holds a B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering and is a licensed professional engineer in 26 states.
He has 21 years of experience designing and constructing mechanical, electrical, fire, and plumbing (MEFP) systems in commercial, institutional, industrial, and residential buildings, including heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing; fire protection systems; and standard voltage electrical systems. Mr. Kuehn also has significant project management experience, including complete MEFP cost estimates, and a proven track record of delivering complex projects on time and within budget.
From 2010 until 2016, Mr. Kuehn worked as Vice President of a St. Louis Architectural and Engineering firm, where he led the MEP department and exercised oversight and creative control over a wide range of projects, both large and small. While there, he provided hands-on management of project timelines, document production, resourcing, and quality control, as well as business development efforts.
Mr. Kuehn also has over 10 years of experience as a forensic engineer, where he was involved in the investigation of building mechanical systems, as well as industrial accident investigation, failure investigations of mechanical systems, commercial and industrial boiler failures, field investigations of equipment failures and industrial process equipment, and fire investigations involving mechanical, fuel gas, and electrical equipment. He has testified in deposition and court as a recognized expert in the field of mechanical engineering.
Mr. Kuehn offers additional training and experience in vehicle accident reconstruction (including heavy trucks). Also, he has experience in the field of firearms and ammunition failures. He is an avid sportsman, competition shooter, reloader, and amateur gunsmith since 1994. He has built and customized firearms for his own collection and taken coursework in gunsmithing, as well as provided consulting services to firearm manufacturers.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• B.S., Mechanical Engineering: University of Missouri – St. Louis/Washington University Joint Engineering Program, 1997
• Certified in Plumbing Engineering (CIPE): American Society of Plumbing Engineers
• LEED Green Associate: United States Green Building Council (USGBC)
• Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator: National Association of Fire Investigators, International
• Traffic Accident Reconstruction Training: Northwestern University Center for Public Safety, 2005
• GLOCK Certified Advanced Armorer: Glock, Inc.
• NCEES: ID: 16-822-38
• Registered Professional Engineer: Arizona (55530), Arkansas (21027), California (M35689), Colorado (0046842), Delaware (18305), Florida (PE73229), Georgia (PE036250), Illinois (062-058150), Indiana (PE11200259), Iowa (21360), Kansas (22134), Louisiana (36532), Maryland (46402), Michigan (6201061829), Minnesota (49165), Missouri (2001018766), Mississippi (20534), Nevada (023349), New Jersey (24GE05179600), Ohio (E-76374), Oklahoma (25680), Oregon (91543), South Carolina (32895), Tennessee (00116852*), Texas (97783), Wisconsin (42822-6), and Saskatchewan, Canada (33518*) (* License currently inactive)