Along with a B.S. and M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Mr. John Woscek is a registered professional engineer in California, Hawaii, and Nevada with a broad knowledge in the field of mechanical and reliability engineering. He is a certified associate ride inspector through Amusement Industry, Manufacturers, and Suppliers, International. He has also lectured part-time at California State University, Fullerton, teaching failure analysis and machine design to college seniors and graduate students.
Mr. Woscek has over 13 years of diversified engineering and project management experience within the amusement park and forensic engineering industries. Prior to joining Rimkus, his work consisted of failure analysis for the Disneyland Resort theme park attractions. His responsibilities involved investigating downtimes, determining root causes, and reporting his findings to notable stakeholders, as well as running reliability reports to improve attraction uptimes. In addition to his primary job focus, Mr. Woscek led maintenance crews during multiple refurbishment projects, which enabled him to work closely with hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders, rotary manifolds, chain drives, variable frequency drives, AC and DC motors, steam engines, locomotives, marine equipment, underwater surveillance, and fluid dynamics, along with a multitude of other mechanical systems.
As a forensic engineer, Mr. Woscek provides consulting services for legal, insurance, and corporate clients that include motor vehicle accident reconstruction with a specialization in automotive mechanical failures, vehicle thefts, and vehicle fires. He also investigates product failures such as appliances, water filtration units, and diesel pumps, along with the examination of mechanical failures in amusement park attraction vehicles and systems. Additionally, he has also investigated HVAC systems, fire suppression systems, and fuel station dispensers as well as property damage due to wildfires and sandstorms.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Mechanical Engineering, B.S.: California State University, Fullerton (2011)
• Mechanical Engineering, M.S.: California State University, Fullerton (2013)
• Registered Professional Engineer: California, Hawaii, and Nevada
• International Fluid Power Mechanic: International Fluid Power Society
• Bosch Crash Data Retrieval Tool Technician: Institute of Police Technology and Management
• Event Data Recorder User: Institute of Police Technology and Management
• Certified Forklift Operator: California Occupational Safety and Health Administration
• Certified Associate Ride Inspector: Amusement Industry Manufacturers and Suppliers, International