Mr. Hink is a Fire Investigator with more than 7 years of experience as an investigator specializing in the determination of the origin and cause of fire and explosions including; residential, commercial, wildland, and vehicle fires.
He is familiar with fire codes, code enforcement, and code interpretations including technical overview of fire prevention codes, ordinances, and inspection practices; as well as expertise with key hazards, such as flammable and combustible liquid storage and extinguishing systems. Mr. Hink has experience in testing and inspecting fire suppression systems commonly found in both commercial and residential occupancies.
Mr. Hink began his public sector career as a volunteer firefighter/EMT, continuing after several years of volunteer work to attend the Washington State Fire Training Academy where he received his Firefighter 1 and Hazardous Material Operations certifications. He served as a Deputy Fire Marshal and Fire Marshal for Kittitas County in Ellensburg, WA.
While in the public-sector, Mr. Hink was part of an Arson Task Force dealing mostly with wildland fires along interstates and highways and has experience in wildland firefighting as a Certified Firefighter 2.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• IAAI- Certified Fire Investigator #03-0306168: Texas (2023)
• Forensic Fire Death Investigations Course: Texas (2022)
• IAAI Expert Witness Courtroom Testimony: Tennessee (2022)
• Licensed Private Investigator: Texas #68640201 (2019)
• Firefighter I, Hazardous Materials Operations: Washington (2008)
• Wildland Firefighter 2: Washington (2008)
• IAAI FI-210 Wildland Fire Investigator: Washington (2015)
• Fire / Arson Investigation (R-206): Maryland (2015)
• International Code Council- Fire Inspector I: Washington (2016)
• NAFI Certified Fire Explosion Investigator #23261-13371: Kentucky (2018)
• NAFI Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator #23261-13371v: Kentucky (2018)
• Memberships: Washington Fire Chiefs, International Association of Arson Investigators Washington Chapter #21, International Association of Arson Investigators Oregon Chapter #31, International Code Council, National Association of Fire Investigators