Kenneth R. Skinger
Consultant / Esq., P.E. / Boston
Mr. Skinger received his B.S. degree in Engineering and a Juris Doctorate, cum laude. He is an attorney and a licensed professional engineer in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, Virginia, Georgia, California, and Michigan.
His professional career includes more than 30 years of practical experience in electrical engineering, including system and circuit design, failure investigation, electronic troubleshooting, disaster damage assessment, power transformer functional design and failure analysis, project/technical management, operational continuity planning, electrical power engineering, project interface management, litigation support and arbitration.
His areas of expertise include building infrastructure, power generating facilities, transportation infrastructure, airports, telecommunication infrastructure, industrial facilities, and critical facilities.
Mr. Skinger’s knowledge and expertise of electrical engineering, heating ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems includes the investigation of performance and equipment failures, rehabilitation, development, layout, design, installation, construction and inspection of related building systems and infrastructure. He also has experience in the review of test reports, preparation of master specifications, review of project specifications and bid evaluations and prefabrication design reviews.
Mr. Skinger has an extensive background as a management consultant. In that role he prepared technical evaluations of errors and omissions complaints against design professionals, managed teams of engineers and architects to assess damage to municipal facilities after catastrophic events, evaluated vulnerability and developed mitigation plans for multiple municipalities.
Education and Certifications
• Law, J.D.: New England School of Law
• Engineering, B.S.: University of Connecticut
• Registered Professional Engineer: Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, Virginia, Georgia, California, and Michigan
• Bar Admission: Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court, U.S. District Court of Massachusetts, U.S. Court of Appeals – First Circuit, U.S Supreme Court
• Memberships: Massachusetts Society of Professional Engineers (Director& Past President); National Society of Professional Engineers (Fellow & Director); Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (Senior Life Member); IEEE Transformer Committee (Member & Working Group Co-chair); Massachusetts Bar Association (Member); American Arbitration Association (Construction Panel Member); New England – Canada Business Council (Financial Vice President, Director); South Scituate Corporation (Director, Chairman); Eagle Scout 1955