Mr. Kurt Bergman holds a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering and is a registered professional engineer in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, New York, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
His experience includes design, analysis, project management, and construction of transportation, municipal, and commercial projects. He has designed complex construction systems and structural supports for construction of high-rise buildings, bridges, water treatment plants, and residential structures and tunnels. He has also worked on the design of state road and bridge projects. Mr. Bergman has extensive design and detailing experience in concrete formwork, shoring structural steel, precast concrete, and cast-in-place concrete.
Mr. Bergman’s primary field experience has involved non-typical construction methods requiring engineered solutions. He also has experience in construction practices and procedures that include site planning, erosion control, soil stability, crane lift plans, fall protection, and construction safety. He has served as a field engineer during construction projects to analyze structural requirements and design field changes and is familiar with code inspections, formal audits, OSHA site safety, mobile crane and rigging inspections, and specification conformance. With construction management experience in the precast concrete and steel industries, Mr. Bergman has managed commercial, city, state, industrial, and residential projects. He has managed structural framing activities for large commercial projects and government facilities and provided owners with budgets and project schedules and helped in managing work progress.
Mr. Bergman specializes in civil engineering, structural engineering, construction accident analysis, construction management, crane and lifting equipment, geotechnical engineering, residential and commercial construction, OSHA and ADA compliance, soil mechanics, steel production, catastrophe damage evaluation, building structural assessment, and construction defects.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Civil Engineering, B.S.: University of Minnesota (2002)
• Licensed Professional Engineer: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, New York, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia
• Certified Mobile Crane and Rigging Inspector: Crane Inspection & Certification Bureau (expired)
• Certified Field Auditor: Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute
• Certified XL Tribometrist: Excel Tribometers, LLC
• Rapid Visual Assessment Procedures for Structural Damage Caused by Earthquake and Wind Certification: Tennessee Structural Assessment and Visual Examination Coalition
• Rigging Inspector: Crane Inspection and Certification Bureau