Mr. Mark Hook holds a B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering and is a registered professional engineer in Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Illinois, Tennessee, Kentucky Alabama, and South Carolina. He is also a Certified Accident Reconstructionist (ACTAR #1406), an IAAI Certified Fire Investigator (CFI), Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI); and a Certified Fire Investigation Instructor (CFII).
Mr. Hook has been the lead investigator for traffic accident reconstructions and the determination of the causes of vehicular mechanical failures. He has reconstructed accidents involving commercial tractors/trailers, high-speed fatality collisions, daytime and nighttime accidents, car-motorcycle collisions, and vehicle rollovers. He has worked on product liability cases involving vehicle systems (brakes, suspensions, steering, and airbags).
Mr. Hook has also been the lead investigator for fire and explosion origin and cause investigations of industrial, commercial, and residential fires; watercraft, and vehicular fires. He is experienced in analysis of consumer product manufacturing, design, and installation related to fire and water damage causation, and determination of subrogation liability. He has completed attorney depositions and testified in state court.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Mechanical Engineering, B.S.: Florida Atlantic University (1996)
• Registered Professional Engineer: Georgia (# PE030819); Alabama (Reg. No. 28054); Kentucky (Reg. No. 24892); Tennessee (Reg. No. 111502), Illinois (Reg. No. 062.060075), Mississippi (Reg. No. 18040), South Carolina (Reg. No. 35301), and Florida (Reg. No. 66212)
• Certified Accident Reconstructionist: Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR #1406)
• Crash Data Retrieval Specialist (CDR)
• Certified Fire Investigation Instructor: National Association of Fire Investigators (#5448-26531)
• Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator: National Association of Fire Investigators (#5448-26531)
• Certified Fire Investigator: International Association of Arson Investigators (# 08-081)
• FARO Focus 3D Scanner Certified: FARO (2014)