Mr. Matthew Thurow holds a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering. He is a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator and a Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator.
In his career, Mr. Thurow has assisted in the design, development, and implementation of board-level components in the telecommunications and automotive industries.
As a consultant, he has participated in more than 1,000 forensic investigations. He has extensive experience in origin and cause investigations involving low-voltage and medium-voltage electrical equipment, mechanical equipment, vehicles, and industrial machinery. He has provided technical assistance as well as testimony on matters involving residential, commercial, and industrial building fires. He has completed damage assessments, cost analysis, and repair vs. replacement analysis on claims involving electrical or mechanical equipment damage due to fires, lightning, power surge, floods, and water leaks.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Electrical Engineering, B.S.: Northern Illinois University (1998)
• Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator: National Association of Fire Investigators
• Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator: National Association of Fire Investigators
• Asbestos Operations & Maintenance (OSHA Class IV) accreditation
• Certified operator of powered industrial lift trucks (forklifts)