Michael A. Dangerfield
Consultant / ACTAR / Indianapolis / Charleston
Serving as a South Carolina State Trooper, Mr. Dangerfield has over 20 years of law enforcement experience and in excess of 1,500 hours technical training in the field of accident investigation and reconstruction.
He served in the law enforcement profession from 1994 until his retirement in 2017 where his duties ranged from traffic enforcement to accident reconstruction. Mr. Dangerfield has investigated over 2,000 collisions, reconstructed over 500 collisions, and provided technical review to over 3,000 collisions. His experience ranges from minor property damage crashes to multiple vehicle fatal collisions, as well as collisions involving commercial vehicles, motorcycles, mopeds, golf carts, ATVs, bicycles, pedestrians, and emergency vehicles. He has testified as an expert in the Circuit Courts in the State of South Carolina, in both criminal and civil cases.
Mr. Dangerfield was certified as a law enforcement instructor by the State of South Carolina and has taught police officers in the field of accident investigation and reconstruction. Mr. Dangerfield was certified as a field training officer by the State of South Carolina and has taught police officers how to hone their skills in law enforcement related matters including accident investigation and reconstruction. Mr. Dangerfield is accredited in collision reconstruction by the Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR) and he is also an FAA Part 107 (Drone) pilot.
- Reconstruction of single and multiple vehicle collisions.
- Reconstruction of bicycle/pedestrian involved collisions.
- Reconstruction of motorcycle collisions.
- Commercial Vehicle collisions.
- Use of Total Station for digital mapping.
- Speed Analysis.
- Downloading of passenger and commercial motor vehicle data.
- Damage Analysis.
- Traffic Occupant Protection Strategies.
- Human Factors.
- Aerial photography and documentation.
- South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy
- South Carolina Highway Patrol Academy
- Institute of Police Technology and Management
- Texas A&M University Extension