Mr. Michael Price holds an A.A. degree in Criminal Justice and is an Accredited Accident Reconstructionist through the Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR #2963). Starting as a patrol officer in 1995, Mr. Price was a member of the Baltimore City Police Dept. for 25 years including 8 years as a K-9 Handler.
From 2008 until his retirement in August of 2020, he worked on the Baltimore City Police Department Crash Team as a detective where he investigated hundreds of serious and fatal vehicle collisions and has 12 years of experience in traffic crash reconstruction involving motor vehicles, commercial vehicles, motorcycles, and pedestrians.
Mr. Price’s areas of expertise include motor vehicle crash reconstruction, motorcycle crash reconstruction, pedestrian/bicycle versus vehicle crash reconstruction, commercial vehicle crash reconstruction, event data recorder (EDR) analysis for passenger vehicles and heavy trucks, seatbelt analysis, and rollover crash reconstruction. He has extensive training in crash scene mapping using a Total Station and hand measurements. Mr. Price is an avid motorcycle rider, which gives him unique knowledge in the investigation of motorcycle collisions and operator actions/reactions.
Mr. Price was an adjunct instructor for the Maryland Crash Reconstruction Committee, where he taught courses in the area of crash reconstruction including Event Data Recorder Use in Traffic Crash Reconstruction and Investigation of Motorcycle Crashes. He was an adjunct instructor with the Maryland State Highway Administration, Office of CHART (Coordinated Highways Action Response Team). Mr. Price was an instructor with the Baltimore City Police Academy, where he taught courses in procedures for handling a collision scene/investigation, the automated crash reporting system, and traffic incident management.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal Justice, A.A.: Essex Community College
• Accredited Accident Reconstructionist: Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR #2963)
• Bosch Certified Crash Data Retrieval Technician and Analyst
• LIDAR, RADAR Certifications
• Traffic Safety Specialist: Maryland Office of Highway Safety
• Police Officer: Maryland Police Training Commission
• Traffic Incident Management Liaison: Baltimore Region through State Highway Administration
• Memberships: National Association of Professional Accident Reconstruction Specialist; Maryland Crash Reconstruction Committee