Mr. Michael Collins has 14 years of experience as a fire investigator in the public and private sectors combined, specializing in the determination of the origin and cause of fire and explosion incidents. He has expertise in the fields of commercial and residential structures, farm and heavy equipment, and vehicle fires. Mr. Collins holds an A.A.S. in Fire Science and a Fire Investigation certificate from San Antonio College. He is a licensed private investigator in the State of Texas. He is also a Certified Fire Investigator through the International Association of Arson Investigators. He has 27 years of experience in the fire service and served the final 10 years in the Arson Investigation and Fire Inspection units.
Mr. Collins worked as a heavy equipment mechanic for 6 years before entering the public sector as a firefighter/EMT. He entered the San Antonio Fire Department in 1995 and served in several divisions before he retired in 2022. In his 27 years, he served as a firefighter in the fire division and as a paramedic in the Emergency Medical Services division. In 2011, he completed the San Antonio Police Academy and served as an Arson Investigator for 8 years. Mr. Collins spent his final 3 years in the Inspection Division as a Fire Code Inspector.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Fire Science, A.A.S.: San Antonio College (1998)
• Certified Fire Investigator: International Association of Arson Investigators
• Licensed Private Investigator: Texas
• Master Arson Fire Investigator: Texas Commission on Fire Protection
• Master Firefighter Certification: Texas Commission on Fire Protection
• Fire / Arson Investigation: National Fire Academy
• Evidence Collection Technician: National Fire Academy
• Courtroom Testimony: National Fire Academy
• Electrical Fire Investigations: National Fire Academy
• Organization Memberships: IAAI