Mr. Michael Powell holds a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on structural/geotechnical design and analysis. He is a registered professional engineer in Florida, North Carolina, and Texas.
Mr. Powell’s professional experience includes property investigations on residential and commercial/industrial structures, including building subsidence assessments, roof damage assessments, moisture intrusion, flooring damage assessments (tile, wood, etc.), pool failures, and storm-related damage. He has evaluated the plumbing systems (supply and waste) for breaches and adequacy of installation and designed remedial efforts required. His professional skills also include geotechnical investigations of residential, municipal, and commercial environments, and structural analysis.
Mr. Powell has prepared calculations for structural and geotechnical analysis and design; prepared construction plans, technical specifications, and bid documents; and inspected the shop fabrication and the field construction of structural concrete and steel components. He has performed structural assessments of distressed and damaged buildings, evaluated and analyzed building failures, evaluated and analyzed plumbing failures and associated repair scopes, and provided consultations to attorneys and contractors.
Mr. Powell is also a LEED® Accredited Professional, which demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the “green building” certification process for building design, materials, construction, operation, and indoor air quality issued by the U.S. Green Building Council.
Mr. Powell is a state-certified Mold Inspector and Remediator, in which indoor air quality issues are assessed for potential contamination in residences, commercial buildings, and other facilities, and mitigation is designed/implemented. Mr. Powell has prepared construction plans, technical specifications, and bid documents, as well as provided engineering consultations and deposition testimony to attorneys.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Civil Engineering, B.S.: Florida State University (2001)
• Registered Professional Engineer: Florida (#65674), Texas (#101747), and North Carolina (#050885)
• Board Certified Forensic Engineer
• Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED® AP): USGBC
• Certified Indoor Air Quality Investigator: NAMP
• Licensed Mold Assessor: Florida (#MRSA1719)
• Licensed Mold Remediator: Florida (#MRSR2561)
• Tile Roofing Institute Flordia High Wind Installer Certification
• Certified Professional Inspector: (#NACHI21111815)
• Level I Thermographer
• Part 107 Pilot’s License Holder
• Memberships: Indoor Air Quality Association, National Society of Professional Engineers
• OSHA 10-hour Construction Program