Mr. Michael Jeffery graduated from Florida International University where he earned a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering. He is a registered professional engineer in the state of Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas, with expertise in design and management of civil site development projects, water resources, and transportation projects, as well as extensive experience in the construction industry providing project management, construction administration, and on-site inspections. Mr. Jeffery possesses a Certified General Contractor license in the state of Florida.
Mr. Jeffery is an accomplished civil engineer with over 15 years of experience. He has employed his strong project management experience to manage large infrastructure projects and demonstrated his skills in managing all aspects and details of projects from the planning and design development stage to issuing construction documents and implementing inspections to ensure that proper standards are followed.
Mr. Jeffery has served as Engineer of Record on numerous designs, construction documents, and calculations using engineering software and calculations. His prior construction experience in single-family homes, multi-unit residential construction, as well as large-diameter pipe installation allows him to understand the details of building and site construction. He is well versed in performing inspections to determine if codes and standards have been properly followed.
As a forensic consultant, he investigates, evaluates, and analyzes failures in civil/structural engineering and general construction-related disciplines related to residential, commercial, municipal, and industrial buildings and verifies construction compliance with applicable building codes, industry standards, and contract specifications.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, B.S.: Florida International University, Miami, FL (Dec. 2012)
• Diploma in Civil Engineering: British Columbia Institute of Technology, Burnaby, BC, Canada (June 2007)
• Professional Engineer Licenses: Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas
• Certified General Contractor License: Florida
• Certified XL Tribometrist, Certificate of Competence: English XL Training (2022)
• Traffic Control (TTC) Advanced MOT Certification: Florida Department of Transportation approved