Senior Consultant / S.E., P.E. / Chicago
Mr. Abraham received both his Bachelor’s and Master’s in Structural Engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology. He is a registered Professional Engineer (PE) in several states and a registered Structural Engineer (SE) in Illinois. He is an Associate Member of the ASCE 43 committee on Dynamic Analysis of Nuclear Structures and an active member of several professional organizations. Over the course of his 13-year design/consulting experience he has worked and managed a multitude of projects ranging from design of new building structures to performing failure analyses of existing systems. The types of structures he has designed and investigated include nuclear, oil and gas processing, chemical and petrochemical, heavy industrial, residential, commercial, and manufacturing. He has extensive experience in design and assessment of structures against the most extreme natural and man-made loading conditions, construction implementation and project management.
Mr. Abraham has expertise in linear and non-linear Finite Element Analysis, evaluating buildings and structures for various conditions and forms of damage, including: code compliance, construction defects, differential foundation movement, structural failure analysis, fire damage, and earthquake/hurricane/tornado/storm damage. He has also extensive experience in assessment and rehabilitation of existing structures for seismic upgrades.
- Assess structural damage to commercial, residential, and industrial buildings and provide repair recommendations
- Commercial, residential, and industrial construction defect analysis
Education and Registrations
- M.S. Structural Engineering - Illinois Institute of Technology
- B.S. Structural Engineering - Illinois Institute of Technology
- Registered Structural Engineer - Illinois
- Registered Professional Engineer – Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, and North Carolina