A retired Deputy Sheriff, Mr. Rob Lord served 17 years with the Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office in Kansas as a Patrol Deputy, Certified Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance Motor Carrier Inspector, and Warrant Deputy. During that time, he documented and investigated over 475 collisions, performed/assisted with the reconstruction of approximately 50 felony-level collisions involving serious injuries or fatalities, and performed over 400 commercial vehicle inspections. During his service, he received extensive training in police procedures and practices covering a wide range of topics. He was also the senior investigator for the Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office Major Accident Reconstruction Team when he retired.
Mr. Lord is accredited as a Vehicle Accident Reconstructionist by the Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR) #4342. He has experience in all levels of passenger vehicle collision investigation including car/pedestrian/bicycle, motorcycle, and low- and high-speed collision analysis; damage consistency analysis; and Event Data Recorder (EDR) download and analysis. He has experience with commercial vehicle inspections and Out of Service criteria. He was also a department instructor in basic, technical, and advanced accident investigation techniques.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Basic Law Enforcement Academy: Wichita/Sedgwick County Law Enforcement Training Facility (2006)
• Commissioned Law Enforcement Officer: Kansas (Retired/2023)
• Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance Inspector (Retired)
• Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction: ACTAR # 4342 (2022)
• Member: National Association of Professional Accident Reconstruction Specialists (NAPARS)