Mr. Russell Baer is a Certified Hazardous Materials Manager and a New Jersey Licensed Site Remediation Professional with over 30 years of diverse experience involving the investigation and remediation of numerous contaminated sites under various state and federal regulatory programs.
He also has extensive experience performing environmental assessments across the country, identifying environmental liabilities associated with property transfers and site development, and determining compliance with environmental, health, and safety regulations. He has performed hundreds of environmental compliance audits; environmental management system audits; environmental, health, and safety audits; and property transfer assessments in 25 states, Canada, Mexico, and Great Britain.
As a Lead Environmental Auditor for multi-state corporate transactions and multi-site property transfer assessments, he has managed numerous projects under various federal and state environmental regulations including underground storage tank (UST) closures, site investigations, remedial investigations, delineation of soil and groundwater contamination, development of long-term site monitoring and remediation plans, projects under the New Jersey Industrial Site Recovery Act (ISRA), projects involving the identification and remediation of hazardous materials (e.g., asbestos and lead-based paint) and preparation of various types of permits. Coordinated and managed technical staff of geologists and environmental scientists. Responsible for business development, marketing, prepared cost proposals, client billing/invoicing, staff management and training, QA/QC of project deliverables, and ensuring compliance with corporate and project health and safety requirements.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
· Biology, B.S.: The Pennsylvania State University (1988)
· Licensed Site Remediation Professional (LSRP): New Jersey Dept. of Environmental Protection (License No. 576440)
· Certified Hazardous Materials Manager: Master Level (Certification No. 12604)
· Lead Environmental Management Systems Auditor: ANSI-RAB NAP Accreditation Program (ISO14001)
· Certified Environmental Auditor: National Registry of Environmental Professionals (Certification No. CEA 2148)
· Accredited Asbestos Inspector: Certified New York/AHERA (Certification 9610263)
· Accredited Asbestos Management Planner: Certified New York/AHERA (Certification 9610263)
· Accredited Asbestos Project Designer: Certified AHERA (Reg. #005676)
· Certified Lead Inspector/Risk Assessor: EPA/NY (Certification No. NY-R-9382-1)
· Certified Lead Inspector/Risk Assessor: New Jersey (Permit No. 016255)
· Memberships: Alliance of Hazardous Materials Professionals; Licensed Site Remediation Professionals Association