Mr. Paolantonio has B.S. and M.S. degrees in Civil Engineering with a specialization in structural design and is a registered professional engineer in Florida. He has almost two decades of consulting engineering experience in structural design and evaluation
Mr. Paolantonio’s experience also includes structural design and engineering services for residential, commercial, light and heavy industrial structures, and cell tower analysis.
He has worked with designs that utilized brick and concrete masonry, steel framing, light-gauge steel framing and trusses, cast-in-place concrete, pre-stressed and post-tensioned concrete, conventional wood framing, and trusses and heavy timber. Mr. Paolantonio is a certified XL Tribometrist and performs slip resistance index testing and Building Code compliance assessments in relation to personal injury claims. Mr. Paolantonio is trained on and proficient in the use of the Brungraber Mark I tribometer for evaluating slip resistance of bathing surfaces and is knowledgeable in the industry standards for bathroom safety.
His forensic experience includes property investigations on residential and commercial/industrial structures including roof, exteriors, foundations, water intrusion, and structural damage from storms and construction-related defects.
Mr. Paolantonio has provided consultation to contractors and owners concerning structural and property damage evaluation, failure causation, construction defects, capital maintenance, and repairs/remediation for structures.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Civil Engineering, M.S.: Georgia Institute of Technology (2003)
• Civil Engineering, B.S.: University of Florida (2000)
• Registered Professional Engineer: Florida, Texas, Maryland, South Carolina, Virginia
• Assisted Roof Inspection Safety Training (Level I Technician): PFAS
• NCEES Record No. 48965
• TRI Florida High Wind Manual Certification pertaining to tile roof installations
• Certified XL Tribometrist
• Proficient in the use of Brungraber Mark I tribometer for evaluating slip resistance of bathing surfaces