Ryan S. Baker
Fire Consultant / IAAI-CFI, ECT, FIT, NAFI-CFEI, CVFI / Little Rock / Oklahoma City / Tulsa
A graduate of Black River Technical College with an A.A.S. degree in Criminal Justice, Mr. Baker is a certified investigator of fire and explosions and a licensed private investigator. His professional career has spanned over 20 years as a criminal investigator, fire investigator, law enforcement officer, fire code inspector and plans reviewer, bomb technician, hazardous materials technician, and firefighter/EMT.
Mr. Baker has investigated and determined the origin and cause of over 750 fires and explosions in various areas, including commercial structures, multi-family and single dwelling residential, commercial, passenger vehicles, heavy equipment, and fatalities.
His forensic expertise extends to commercial and residential fire investigations, post-blast investigations, vehicular fire investigations, and marine fire investigations. His professional experience includes work as a fire investigator/inspector, hazardous materials technician, and bomb technician with the City of Little Rock, Arkansas, Fire Department. He also served as a criminal investigator and law enforcement officer with the City of Fayetteville, Arkansas, Police Department and the City of Sherwood, Arkansas, Police Department.
Mr. Baker is a Certified Fire Investigator through the International Association of Arson Investigators, a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator and Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator through the National Association of Fire Investigators, a Certified Evidence Collection Technician through the International Association of Arson Investigators, and a Fire Investigator Technician through the International Association of Arson Investigators. He is a certified bomb technician through the Federal Bureau of Investigations and responds to situations nationwide dealing with commercial and homemade explosives, military ordnance, improvised explosive devices, and post-blast investigations. Mr. Baker is also a court-certified expert in the field of fire origin and cause determination, in both state and federal courts.
Education and Certifications
• A.A.S., Criminal Justice: Black River Technical College (2006)
• Undergraduate Studies in Criminal Justice: University of Arkansas at Fayetteville (1995-1997)
• Licensed Private Investigator: Arkansas
• Certified Fire Investigator (CFI): International Association of Arson Investigators
• Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI): National Association of Fire Investigators
• Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator (CVFI): National Association of Fire Investigators
• Certified Evidence Collection Technician (ECT): International Association of Arson Investigators
• Certified Fire Investigation Technician (FIT): International Association of Arson Investigators
• Certified Hazardous Devices Technician/Bomb Technician: FBI/U.S. Army HDS
• Certified Hazardous Materials Technician: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
• Certified Emergency Medical Technician: Arkansas Department of Health