A graduate of Black River Technical College with an A.A.S. degree in Criminal Justice, Mr. Ryan Baker is a certified investigator of fire and explosions and a licensed private investigator. His professional career has spanned over 25 years as a criminal investigator, fire investigator, law enforcement officer, fire code inspector and plans reviewer, bomb technician, hazardous materials technician, and firefighter/EMT.
Mr. Baker has been involved, investigated, and determined the origin and cause of over 1,200 fires and explosions in various areas, including commercial structures, multi-family and single-dwelling residential, commercial, passenger vehicles, heavy equipment, petroleum and gas industry, marine vessels, and fatalities.
As a Fire Practice Leader (Manager), Mr. Baker provides technical and management oversight of the Rimkus Fire Practice Team. His duties include providing technical leadership, mentoring, and training to the employees within the Fire Practice. He works with other Practice Leaders and Officers within Rimkus to define fire practice expectations, standards, and goals. Mr. Baker conducts field investigations with employee’s respective areas of expertise, troubleshoots technical problems, provides input and support to superiors, and serves as a liaison between clients and Rimkus. Mr. Baker oversees several national clients’ needs. Mr. Baker provides technical oversight of others and conducts peer reviews of Fire Practice assignments. He provides guidance to others performing peer reviews within the Fire Practice Leadership. Mr. Baker works with District Managers for conducting interviews and assessments of job candidates. Mr. Baker works with District Managers for annual performance reviews of employees within the Fire Practice. Mr. Baker provides oversight for large, complex, or long-term assignments. Mr. Baker works under minimum supervision, exercising initiative, and independent judgment in the performance of assigned tasks.
His forensic expertise extends to commercial and residential fire investigations, post-blast investigations, vehicular fire investigations, and marine fire investigations. His professional experience includes work as a fire investigator/inspector, hazardous materials technician, and bomb technician with the City of Little Rock, Arkansas, Fire Department. He also served as a criminal investigator and law enforcement officer with the City of Fayetteville, Arkansas, Police Department and the City of Sherwood, Arkansas, Police Department.
Mr. Baker is a Certified Fire Investigator through the International Association of Arson Investigators, a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator and Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator through the National Association of Fire Investigators, a Certified Evidence Collection Technician through the International Association of Arson Investigators, and a Fire Investigator Technician through the International Association of Arson Investigators. He is a certified bomb technician through the Federal Bureau of Investigations and responds to situations nationwide dealing with commercial and homemade explosives, military ordnance, improvised explosive devices, and post-blast investigations. Mr. Baker is also a court-certified expert in the field of fire origin and cause determination, in both state and federal courts.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
· A.A.S., Criminal Justice: Black River Technical College (2006)
· Undergraduate Studies in Criminal Justice: University of Arkansas at Fayetteville (1995-1997)
· Licensed Private Investigator or Eligible to Work: Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Colorado, South Dakota, Idaho, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Wyoming, Indiana, New Mexico, and California
· Certified Fire Investigator (CFI): International Association of Arson Investigators
· Certified Fire Investigator Vehicle Endorsement: International Association of Arson Investigators
· Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI): National Association of Fire Investigators
· Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator (CVFI): National Association of Fire Investigators
· Certified Evidence Collection Technician (ECT): International Association of Arson Investigators
· Certified Fire Investigation Technician (FIT): International Association of Arson Investigators
· Certified Hazardous Devices Technician/Bomb Technician: FBI/U.S. Army HDS
· Certified Hazardous Materials Technician: U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security
· Certified Emergency Medical Technician: Arkansas Department of Health
· Memberships: International Association of Arson Investigators; Arkansas Association of Arson Investigators; Missouri Association of Arson Investigators; Oklahoma Association of Arson Investigators National Association of Fire Investigators; Louisiana Association of Arson Investigators; International Association of Bomb Technicians and Investigators; Arkansas Fire Marshal’s Association; International Association of Special Investigation Units; Arkansas International Association of Special Investigation Units