S. Dale Fridley
Principal Consultant / P.E., ACTAR / Phoenix
Mr. Fridley received his Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Missouri at Columbia. After 12 years in industry, he received a Master of Business Administration from the University of Missouri at St. Louis.
Mr. Fridley has successfully applied his extensive mechanical engineering background to the reconstruction of vehicular accidents that range in severity from minor property damage to multiple vehicle and fatality collisions. His reconstruction experience includes accidents involving cars, motorcycles, trucks, bicycles, recreational vehicles, pedestrians, commercial and industrial vehicles, and earthmoving equipment.
Mr. Fridley's experience includes nearly twenty years in the conveyor, warehousing, railcar, and metals processing industries. His industrial career, combined with his subsequent consulting experience, allows him to analyze a wide variety of mechanical products and work processes involved in industrial accidents, where he often applies his experience in failure analysis and his knowledge of applicable design codes, safety standards, and OSHA/MSHA regulations. Mr. Fridley is a certified operator of forklifts and aerial lifts.
- Vehicular Accident Reconstruction
- High-severity tractor-trailer collisions
- Motorcycle - passenger vehicle collisions
- Pedestrian accidents
- Collection and use of ECM / CDR data in accident reconstruction
- Nighttime Visibility Studies of pedestrian, motorcycles, and heavy vehicle collisions
- Mechanical Failure Analysis
- Brake failure analysis for heavy vehicles
- Accelerator / throttle analysis
- Conveyor / material handling machinery failure analysis
- Stress analysis of failed crane components
- Industrial Accident Investigation
- Lift and machinery tip-over analysis
- Lock-out/Tag-out investigations
- Machine guard design and analysis
- Compliance with OSHA regulations
- M.B.A. - University of Missouri, St. Louis
- B.S.M.E. - University of Missouri, Columbia
- Registered Professional Engineer - Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, California, Missouri, North Carolina