Mr. Shawn Rothstein earned a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and an M.S. degree in Structural Engineering, Mechanics and Materials from the University of California at Berkeley. Mr. Rothstein is a registered professional engineer in multiple states with experience in the structural analysis, design, and investigation of buildings and other structures.
Mr. Rothstein’s professional structural engineering experience includes nuclear power facilities, petrochemical facilities, mining facilities, telecommunications structures, advertising structures, data center and secure power facilities, earth-retaining structures, temporary facilities for construction support, commercial structures, and residential structures. He has extensive experience in analysis of existing structures, where field investigation of existing conditions, analysis of existing capacity, and design of repairs/alterations are required. He is also experienced in investigating and analyzing failures, deficiencies, or damage related to residential, commercial, and industrial facilities including evaluating building movement issues, cracking of building components, storm damage, and moisture issues.
Mr. Rothstein has construction and field engineering knowledge and experience, including an understanding of the application of OSHA and New York State Industrial Code provisions. He investigates construction claims, construction accidents, construction defects, the effects of construction on adjacent structures, and construction compliance with applicable building codes and contract documents.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Civil Engineering, B.S.: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1991)
• Structural Engineering, M.S.: University of California at Berkeley (1992)
• Registered Professional Engineer: New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont, Ohio, Virginia, Massachusetts, Texas, and Florida
• Registered Civil Engineer: California
• Memberships: American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE); American Institute of Steel Construction, Inc. (AISC); American Concrete Institute (ACI); International Code Council (ICC