Mr. Skylar Calhoun graduated from the University of Oklahoma with a Civil Engineering Bachelor’s and Master of Science degree with a Structural Emphasis focus. He has experience in structural analysis, structural design, and construction quality control. Mr. Calhoun is a registered professional engineer in Oklahoma, a certificated Master Special Inspector, and a Level 1 Unbonded Post-Tensioned Inspector.
Mr. Calhoun has performed analysis and design of various existing and new buildings. These projects range from single-story, masonry storm shelters to multi-story, structural steel hotels. He has provided construction administration services related to designed projects, including shop drawing reviews, structural observations, and request-for-information (RFI) inquiries. He has performed special inspections for masonry, cast-in-place concrete, and precast concrete structures.
Mr. Calhoun has specialized experience with construction observation related to the installation of deep and shallow foundation systems, masonry inspections, structural steel inspections, post-tensioning components in concrete structures, and building condition assessments.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Civil Engineering, B.S.: University of Oklahoma (2017)
• Civil Engineering, M.S.: University of Oklahoma (2018)
• Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.): Oklahoma
• Master of Special Inspection (ICCMSI): International Code Council (ICC)
• Level 1 Unbonded Post-Tensioned Inspector (PTI): Post-Tensioning Institute
• Memberships: American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE); Structural Engineering Institute (SEI); Oklahoma Structural Engineers Association (OSEA)