Mr. Stephen Kleps holds a B.S. in Civil Engineering, an M.S. in Structural Engineering and Ph.D. of Philosophy in Civil Engineering with a Construction Management focus. He is a registered professional engineer in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin. He has extensive industry experience in the residential construction industry as a general contractor as well as commercial construction management and civil/structural design and evaluations.
As a carpenter and project manager, he has hands-on experience with wood framing, concrete footings and piers, assembling and setting reinforced steel bar (rebar) cages, structural steel erection, bolting and welding structural steel and installing roofing and siding.
His experience and industry knowledge covers over 19 years in areas of civil/structural engineering on both building and infrastructure projects such as bridge construction, roadway construction, and sewer and water main construction residential and commercial construction, laboratory testing of civil engineering materials, bridge evaluations, bridge rehabilitations, value engineering for infrastructure projects, and also construction management areas including scheduling, cost estimating and budget control, implementing quality and control procedures, contract management, of residential, commercial and infrastructure projects.
Mr. Kleps’ has considerable experience in evaluating residential and commercial buildings and the design of building repairs and rehabilitations.
Mr. Kleps has experience testifying in deposition, arbitration, and trial.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Civil Engineering, Ph.D.: Illinois Institute of Technology (2013)
• Structural Engineering, M.A.S.: Illinois Institute of Technology (2003)
• Civil Engineering, B.S.: Illinois Institute of Technology (2002)
• Licensed Professional Engineer: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin
• Competent Person Training: City of Chicago Scaffolding Card (OSHA Card #80544)
• Authorized Construction Trainer (for 10-hour and 30-hour Cards): Authorized Construction Trainer (for 10-hour and 30-hour Cards): OSHA (#24-0105640)