Timothy (Tim) C. Martin
Senior Consultant / P.E., NAFI-CFEI / Tampa
Mr. Martin holds a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering and is a registered professional engineer in Florida, Georgia, New York, Ohio, and Kentucky and is a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator.
His professional career includes extensive practical experience in all facets of electrical engineering, including design, installation, troubleshooting, research, and development. He has experience in power generation, HVAC, refrigeration, failure analysis, and complex data evaluation and is familiar with the National Electrical Code (NEC), National Electric Safety Code (NESC), and construction practices.
Mr. Martin has extensive experience in the forensic engineering field conducting numerous failure investigations on electrical products, industrial accidents, electrocutions, appliance defect claims, power surge analysis, lightning damage assessment, Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing (CSST) fires, automotive fires, and refrigeration equipment losses. Mr. Martin is also experienced as a firefighter, Emergency Medical Technician, and is Hazardous Waste Operations (HAZWOPER) certified.
Education and Certifications
• Electrical Engineering, B.S.: The State University of New York at Buffalo
• Professional Engineer: Florida, Ohio, Georgia, New York, and Kentucky
• Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator: National Association of Fire Investigators
• Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) HAZWOPER Certified
• Firefighter I and II
• Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-D)
• Universal Refrigeration Certification (608): Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)