Wilbey Chow, P.Eng., Director of Mechanical Engineer of M & E Engineering, A Rimkus Company (M & E), is an accomplished professional with extensive years of engineering within the field of mechanical design in high- and low-rise residential, retail, commercial, and light industrial.
He was educated in Hong Kong and graduated from the University of Hong Kong in 1980 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Upon graduating, Mr. Chow worked for an international engineering contracting firm, whereby he achieved professional status as a Chartered Engineer within the United Kingdom. In 1987, Mr. Chow moved to Canada and continued his engineering career by working for a consulting engineering firm in Northern Ontario. In 1988, Mr. Chow joined M & E (formerly known as Fabian Engineering) and continued his career development from a Mechanical Designer/Engineer to the Director of the Mechanical Engineering Department through the years.
Mr. Chow is a seasoned Mechanical Engineer with over 40 years of extensive experience in design, project management, site installation, and building operations. Mr. Chow has a proven record of successful design projects and extensive knowledge of all aspects of HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, and building automation systems with specialized expertise in the installations and operations of chillers, boilers, and other special systems. Mr. Chow has performed on numerous HVAC projects in all sectors and for various clients in the City of Toronto, Province of Ontario, and across Canada. He directly oversees all Mechanical Design Engineers and communicates with clients and authorities to ensure designs comply with codes as well as customers’ requirements.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Mechanical Engineering: University of Hong Kong, 1980
• Member: The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers, UK, 1985
• Registered as a Chartered Engineer: The Engineering Council, UK, 1986
• Member: The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers, 1986
• Professional Engineers: Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO), 1990
• Licensed Professional Engineer: Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia
• LEED AP: Canada Green Building Council (2009)