Drew B. Hains, P.E.
District Manager / Ft. Lauderdale
Mr. Hains is a graduate of the Webb Institute of Naval Architecture with a Bachelor of Science in Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering. He is a licensed professional engineer in the states of Florida, Alabama, and Washington. He is also a Board Certified Forensic Engineer as a member of the National Academy of Forensic Engineers.
Before joining Rimkus, as the Vice President at this prior firm, Mr. Hains managed the staff of naval architects, marine engineers, and draftsmen. He was qualifying engineer for the firm’s Certificate of Authorization from the Florida Board of Professional Engineers and as such oversaw the firm’s engineering activities. Mr. Hains was instrumental in the completion of the construction and the classification of several large yachts. Mr. Hains also provided specialized marine forensic engineering services and has testified on maritime matters in both State and Federal Courts.
- Vessel Design Disputes
- Vessel and Equipment Defects
- Vessel Classification
- Vessel Repair Cost Disputes
- Vessel Stability Analysis
- Maritime accidents and sinking
- Marine Patent Disputes & Vessel Hull Design Protection Act
- Maritime Premises Liability
- Jones Act Seaman claims
- Vessels Flagging and Registration
- Shipyard Damage Claims
- Warranty Claims
- Marine Americans with Disabilities Act claims
- BS Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering, Webb Institute of Naval Architecture
- Registered Professional Engineer - Alabama, Florida, Texas, Washington
- Board Certified Forensic Engineer as a member of the National Academy of Forensic Engineers