Carmelo A. Garrido
Senior Consultant / P.E., S.E. / Atlanta
Mr. Garrido graduated from Purdue University with Bachelor’s and Master’s of Science in Civil Engineering degrees. He has over a decade of consulting engineering experience, and is a registered Professional Engineer in seven states.
Mr. Garrido’s extensive professional experience includes the structural design, coordination, and management of various high rise and mid rise building projects and oversight of a structural engineering department dealing in particular with Aluminum Composite Material (ACM). Mr. Garrido also has extensive field experience as a threshold inspector for concrete condominium and parking garage projects.
Mr. Garrido has significant experience in the investigation of damage to existing commercial and residential building structures from such causes as wind and hail, construction vibration, and structural collapse. Mr. Garrido’s forensic investigation experience includes precast element failures, corrosion investigation of existing buildings as well as structural wall failures.
Mr. Garrido has special knowledge in the use of engineering and design software such as AutoCAD, CSI Library (ETABS/SAFE/SAP), RAM Concept, PT-DATA, and Math CAD.
- Design, coordination and management of multi-million dollar concrete condominium projects ranging from two stories to 70 stories.
- Construction inspection of multi-million dollar concrete condominium and parking garage projects.
- Forensic structural analysis of large scale structural collapses including multi story concrete, steel, masonry, and wood frame structures.
- M.S. Structural Engineering - Purdue University
- B.S. Civil/Structural Engineering - Purdue University
- Registered Professional Engineer - Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee
- Registered Structural Engineer - Illinois