Charles A. Curreri
Senior Consultant / IAAI-CFI, IAAI-CVFI / Dallas/Fort Worth
Mr. Curreri holds a B.S. in Emergency Management Services Administration. He is also a Certified Fire Investigator and a Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator with the International Association of Arson Investigators and a licensed private investigator in Texas and Louisiana. He has over 27 years in fire service, with 16 years as a senior investigator in the arson unit, experience in the field of advanced technical investigations, including a combination of field and management assignments in both small and large-scale fire and explosion property losses, fire death and injury cases, product defects and liability cases, arson for fraud investigations and vehicle fires.
Specific areas of expertise include primary responsibility for direct management and follow up investigation cases where origin, cause and responsibility of fire and explosions are at issue. These assignments involved local, county, state and federal agencies investigations in residential, commercial, industrial marine, chemical and manufacturing plants and warehouses, heavy equipment, vehicles, product liability and injury/death related fires and explosions.
Consulting expertise includes evaluation of criminal and litigation related matters involving the cases areas described above, as well as explosions with improvised devises and high explosives, fire code and standards compliance, fire detection and response systems, investigation of fraud related incidents (state and federal).
Education and Certifications
• Emergency Management Service Administration, B.S.: University of South Alabama
• Fire Science, A.S.: Bishop State Community College
• Certified Fire Investigator: International Association of Arson Investigators
• Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator: International Association of Arson Investigators
• Licensed Private Investigator: Texas and Louisiana
• Alabama Peace Officers Standards and Training Commission Law Enforcement Certification
• Certified Paramedic