Christian A. Ochoa
Associate Consultant / EIT / Chicago
Mr. Ochoa graduated from the Illinois Institute of Technology in 2015 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Architectural Engineering and 2017 with a Masters in Structural Engineering. He has experience in the inspection of concrete cement, risk assessment of steel access platforms and tanks, creating data bases, preparing architectural drawings, performing structural analysis for wood and steel members and is proficient in the use of design software AutoCAD and REVIT.
Mr. Ochoa has performed structural analyses for bridges, residential and industrial structures. These analyses included wood, reinforced and pre-stressed concrete systems, and steel structures. He has a background in modeling complex structures using SAP2000 and ABAQUS, and running structural simulations to evaluate the capability of the modeled structure. Mr. Ochoa has knowledge of blast analysis, and has conducted multiple finite element analysis on columns and shear walls for a reinforced concrete high rise to simulate the extent of the damage created by a blast at varying distances away from the face of the structure. He has also conducted a Critical Façade Inspection for educational building as outlined by the Chicago Building Code.
Mr. Ochoa also has a background on HVAC design, fire protection, plumbing design, lighting and acoustics analysis, thermodynamics and fluid motion.
- Property Loss Consulting
- Single and multifamily residences, commercial, religious, farm and industrial buildings.
- Evaluation and assessment of existing conditions.
- Inspections and evaluations of properties following loss events.
- Recommendations for repairs and remediation
Education and Registrations
- M.Eng. – Structural Engineering – Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois
- B.Sc. – Architectural Engineering – Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois
- Engineer in Training (E.I.T.) – Illinois