Christian R. Sax
Senior Engineer / P.E., PTOE, ACTAR / Dallas/Ft. Worth
Mr. Sax holds both a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science in Civil Engineering, with an emphasis in Transportation Engineering from Iowa State University. Mr. Sax’s professional practice is focused on forensic engineering and collision reconstruction in cases involving roadways, traffic control devices, vehicular collisions, transportation safety and traffic operation issues. His areas of expertise include vehicle collision reconstruction, highway work zone traffic control, roadway design, traffic signal operations, and traffic control devices.
Mr. Sax is a licensed professional engineer, professional traffic operations engineer, certified work zone traffic control supervisor, and an accredited traffic accident reconstructionist by the Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstructionist (ACTAR). He holds a certification as a Crash Data Retrieval Analyst. He has performed collision reconstruction and engineering analyses on hundreds of cases involving work zone and traffic control related issues, commercial tractor/trailers, passenger vehicles, pedestrian accidents, bicycle and motorcycle collisions, and rollovers and has testified as an expert witness at deposition and trial settings.
- Transportation Engineering: work zone traffic control, roadway design, traffic signal timing, traffic operations, traffic control plans, and traffic control devices.
- Accident Investigation & Reconstruction: commercial vehicles, passenger vehicles, pedestrians, bicycles, and motorcycles.
- Commercial Vehicle Collision Investigation & Reconstruction: Mechanical System Inspections and Out-of-Service Determinations, Tractor-Trailer Dynamics and Articulated Vehicles, Engine Control Module (ECM) Data Retrieval and Analysis, Reconstruction of Collisions Involving Single or Multiple Heavy Vehicles.
- M.S. Civil Engineering - Iowa State University
- B.S. Civil Engineering - Iowa State University
- Registered Professional Engineer - Florida, Illinois, New York, Michigan and Texas
- Professional Traffic Operation Engineer, Transportation Professional Certification Board, Inc.
- ACTAR Accredited Accident Reconstructionist
- Certified Traffic Control Supervisor, American Traffic Safety Services Association (ATSSA)
- Certified Crash Data Retrieval (CDR) Technician and Analyst