Mr. Sax holds B.S. and M.S. degrees in Civil Engineering, with an emphasis in Transportation Engineering from Iowa State University. Mr. Sax is a licensed professional engineer and Professional Traffic Operations Engineer and an accredited traffic accident reconstructionist by the Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstructionist (ACTAR). He also holds a certification as a Crash Data Retrieval Analyst.
Mr. Sax’s professional practice is focused on forensic engineering and collision reconstruction in cases involving roadways, traffic control devices, vehicular collisions, transportation safety, and traffic operation issues. His areas of expertise include vehicle collision reconstruction, highway work zone traffic control, roadway design, traffic signal operations, and traffic control devices.
He has performed collision reconstruction and engineering analyses on hundreds of cases involving work zone and traffic control-related issues, commercial tractor/trailers, passenger vehicles, pedestrian accidents, bicycle and motorcycle collisions, and rollovers and has testified as an expert witness at deposition and trial settings.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Civil Engineering, B.S.: Iowa State University (2007)
• Civil Engineering, M.S.: Iowa State University (2008)
• Registered Professional Engineer: Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Louisiana, New Mexico, Nevada, Michigan, Missouri, and Texas
• Professional Traffic Operation Engineer: Transportation Professional Certification Board, Inc.
• Accredited Accident Reconstructionist: The Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction
• Certified Crash Data Retrieval (CDR) Technician and Analyst
• Memberships: Institute of Transportation Engineers, Society of Automotive Engineers