Curt L. Ensley
Senior Consultant / P.E., LEED AP BD + C / Charlotte
Mr. Ensley holds B.S. and M.S. degrees in Civil Engineering with a specialization in structural engineering. He is a registered professional engineer in 10 states. He has over 21 years of consulting engineering experience in structural analysis, design, evaluation, and inspections.
Mr. Ensley’s past experience includes structural analysis and design of numerous types of building projects including worship facilities, educational campuses, mercantile buildings, office complexes, and industrial facilities, as well as many non-typical projects. He has designed landscape elements, site civil structures, water features, monuments, and artwork for public and privately owned parks, greenways, university campuses, and other public spaces. He has extensive experience with a wide variety of structural materials including structural steel, concrete, masonry, wood, and cold-formed metal framing. Mr. Ensley has performed structural evaluation and condition assessments on buildings and structures for rehabilitation, renovation, modification, and additions. He has been a US Green Building Council certified LEED Accredited Professional since 2009.
Mr. Ensley’s forensic experience includes investigations of a variety of building systems such as structural framing, roof systems, building envelopes, foundations, and floor coverings. He performs assessments of damage from a variety of reported incidences including vehicle impacts, wind, hail, water intrusion, vibrations, snow, and construction-related defects. He has provided consultation to insurance professionals, contractors, property owners, and other design professionals concerning structural and property damage evaluation, failure causation, construction defects, code compliance, and repairs/remediation for structures.
Education and Certifications
• Civil Engineering, M.S.C.E.: University of North Carolina at Charlotte
• Civil Engineering, B.S.C.E.: University of North Carolina at Charlotte
• Registered Professional Engineer: Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia
• LEED AP Building Design + Construction
• Honors: Tau Beta Pi - Engineering Honor Society, Chi Epsilon - Civil Engineering Honor Society, Phi Kappa Phi – National Honor Society