Eric R. Bare
Transportation Practice Leader / P.E., ACTAR / Charlotte
A graduate of the Georgia Institute of Technology with a B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mr. Bare is a registered professional engineer who has spent more than two decades working in the automotive field, specializing in vehicle accident reconstruction and vehicle product investigations. He is an ACTAR-certified Traffic Accident Reconstructionist possessing extensive experience in motor vehicle accident reconstruction and component failure evaluation.
Mr. Bare first developed his comprehensive knowledge of the automotive industry through vehicle quality and manufacturing engineering with Honda of America Manufacturing. While employed with Honda, Mr. Bare’s responsibilities consisted of new model equipment upgrades and vehicle assembly. He has a patent for work completed related to the first-ever mass-produced natural gas vehicle.
As a forensic consultant, Mr. Bare’s experience in vehicle accident reconstruction includes investigating personal vehicle, commercial vehicle, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian collisions. He also is skilled in vehicle component and mechanical system evaluations. He has worked on numerous mechanical and automotive investigation cases and has been qualified as a court expert in the areas of mechanical engineering and vehicle accident reconstruction in multiple states and federal court.
To advance his engineering knowledge, Mr. Bare has been a member of the Society of Automotive Engineers and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
Education and Certifications
• Mechanical Engineering, BME.: Georgia Institute of Technology
• Registered Professional Engineer: Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia
• Traffic Accident Reconstructionist: Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR)
• Remote Pilot for Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Drone Pilot)
• Certified Forklift and Aerial Lift Operator
• Certified Crash Data Retrieval Tool User
• NCEES Certified