George L. Perez, Jr.
Fire Consultant / IAAI-CFI, NAFI-CFEI, NAFI-CVFI / Philadelphia
A graduate of Neumann University with a Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Mr. Perez is a certified investigator of fire and explosions. His professional career has spanned 31 years as a Fire Investigator, Assistant Fire Marshal, Fire Officer, Fire Code Inspector, Fire Instructor, and Firefighter/EMT. He has investigated and determined the origin and cause of over 1600 fires/explosions, many of which resulted in multi-million-dollar losses, 26 fatal fires, 4 with multiple fatalities, and serious bodily injuries.
His forensic expertise extends to commercial and residential fire investigations, post-blast investigations, vehicular fire investigations, and marine fire investigations. His professional experience includes work as a fire investigator/inspector for the Philadelphia Fire Department and a certified interpreter for the Philadelphia Police Department.
Mr. Perez is a Certified Fire Investigator (CFI) with the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI), a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI), and a Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator (CVFI) with the National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI). He possesses extensive knowledge of fire investigations due to his experiences as a Firefighter, Officer, and Assistant Fire Marshal with the Philadelphia Fire Department. Mr. Perez is also a court-certified expert in the field of fire origin and cause determination, in both state and federal courts.
Education and Certifications
• Public Administration, BS: Neumann University
• Widener College
• Dr. Carl Holmes Executive Development Institute
• Certified Fire Investigator (CFI): International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI)
• Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI): National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI)
• Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator (CVFI): National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI)
• Certified Emergency Medical Technician (EMT): Pennsylvania Department of Health
• Certified Police Interpreter: Philadelphia Police Department
• Fraud Claims Law Specialist (FCLS)
• Certified Fire Inspector I (NFPA 1031-2014)
• Pro Board and IFSAC Certified: Fire Inspector 1, Firefighter II Level, Fire Instructor II Level, Incident Safety Officer, Hazardous Materials Awareness, and Hazardous Materials Operations