Jason D. Jupe
Transportation Division Manager, Gulf Coast Region / P.E. / Austin
Mr. Jupe holds a Master of Science in industrial engineering, with an emphasis on human factors engineering and a Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering, with emphasis on human factors in automotive design. His professional practice is focused in the areas of accident reconstruction, human factors, transportation safety, ergonomics and mechanical engineering. In addition, Mr. Jupe has extensive education, training and experience in vehicular accident reconstruction, vehicle design and performance, vision and perception, cognitive engineering, and failure analysis.
Mr. Jupe is a licensed professional engineering and an accredited traffic accident reconstructionist by the Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstructionist (ACTAR). He holds a certification as a Crash Data Retrieval Analyst. He has performed accident reconstruction and engineering analyses on hundreds of cases involving human factors related issues, commercial tractor/trailers, passenger vehicles, pedestrian accidents, bicycle and motorcycle collisions, and rollovers and has testified as an expert witness at deposition, mediation and trial settings.
- Human Factors: reaction times, perception, attention, visibility, cognitive engineering, night vs day visibility, lighting, positive guidance, expectation, user interface, gap acceptance, construction zone incidents, maintenance of traffic, traffic control plans, lighting.
- Accident Investigation & Reconstruction: commercial vehicles, passenger vehicles, pedestrians, bicycles, motorcycles, ATVs, golf carts and workplace incidents
- Commercial Vehicle Collision Investigation & Reconstruction: Mechanical System Inspections and Out-of-Service Determinations, Air Brake System Design, Function, and Safety, Tractor-Trailer Dynamics and Articulated Vehicles,Engine Control Module (ECM) Data Retrieval and Analysis,Reconstruction of Collisions Involving Single or Multiple Heavy Vehicles
- M.S. – Industrial Engineering, Human Factors – Texas Tech University
- B.S. – Mechanical Engineering – Kettering University
- Registered Professional Engineer - Texas
- ACTAR Accredited Accident Reconstructionist, certification