Jason D. Jupe
Transportation Practice Leader / P.E., ACTAR / Austin
Mr. Jupe holds a B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering with an emphasis on Human Factors in Automotive Design and an M.S. in Industrial Engineering with an emphasis on Human Factors Engineering. Mr. Jupe is a licensed professional engineer and an accredited traffic accident reconstructionist by the Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstructionist (ACTAR). He also holds a Crash Data Retrieval Analyst certification.
Mr. Jupe’s professional practice focus is in the areas of accident reconstruction, human factors, transportation safety, ergonomics, premises liability, lighting, and mechanical engineering. In addition, he has extensive education, training and experience in vehicular accident reconstruction, vehicle design and performance, vision and perception, cognitive engineering, and failure analysis.
He has performed accident reconstruction and engineering analyses on hundreds of cases involving human-factors-related issues, commercial tractor/trailers, passenger vehicles, pedestrian accidents, bicycle and motorcycle collisions, and rollovers and has testified as an expert witness at deposition, mediation, and trial settings.
Education and Certifications
• Industrial Engineering, Human Factors, M.S.: Texas Tech University
• Mechanical Engineering, B.S.: Kettering University
• Registered Professional Engineer: Louisiana and Texas
• Accredited Accident Reconstructionist: Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstructionists (Certification #1673)
• Crash Data Retrieval Certified Analyst
• Crash Data Retrieval Technician