Jeffrey D. Bradshaw
MEP Division Manager, Eastern Region / P.E., CFEI, CMMI / Orlando
Mr. Bradshaw is a 1990 graduate of Penn State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering with over 20 years of experience and knowledge of Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC), vehicles, mechanical systems and equipment.
Mr. Bradshaw’s expertise includes design and evaluation of HVAC systems including temperature control and building automation/energy management systems, applications, installation evaluation, origin and cause investigation of HVAC equipment and systems failures, Moisture and mold cause and origin evaluation, property damage claim investigation and restoration scope and cost analysis. Mr. Bradshaw is experienced in all types of air conditioning, indoor air quality, air conditioning controls and building management systems, humidity control, boilers, hydronic systems, compressed air systems, energy reduction, and the environmental aspects of mechanical engineering. He has extensive experience in investigation and analysis of building mold, moisture and indoor air quality problems, including HVAC system testing, analysis and remedial design.
Mr. Bradshaw has experience with the investigation, analysis, and reconstruction of vehicle collisions, including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, motorcycles and bicycles. Services include damage analysis, speeds from damage (energy), coefficient of friction of roadways, time and distance evaluations, vehicle lamp evaluations, vehicle dynamics, and perception and reaction times. He is trained and experienced in accident-reconstruction technologies including digital site mapping, passenger and commercial vehicle inspection and the collection and application of Event Data Recorder (“black box”) information from passenger vehicles. He has worked on cases involving vehicle component failure including engines. His experience includes fire and explosion investigations involving vehicles, mechanical equipment, machinery and fuel systems.
He is also experienced in non-destructive examination and testing. He has worked on various projects related to mechanical design analysis, product design, liability and safety analysis related to personal and commercial equipment such as plumbing products, piping systems, HVAC equipment, water heaters, ladders, process equipment, consumer products and fire sprinklers.
- Building Sciences:
- Design and evaluation of HVAC systems and controls
- Evaluation of moisture and humidity sources
- Evaluation of pressurization issues
- Product evaluations, origin and causation, property damage investigation:
- Rooftop units, split systems, chilled water, direct expansion (DX) air conditioning systems
- Cooling towers, chillers, boilers, pumps
- Tanks and pressure vessels
- Pollution control equipment
- Piping and plumbing components, water heaters
- Fire protection systems
- Propane and natural gas systems
- Machinery, hydraulic systems
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering – The Pennsylvania State University
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) - Licensed in Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI) - National Association of Fire Investigators
- Certified Mold and Moisture Investigator (CMMI)- Florida Mold Assessor MRSA2570 license