Mr. Jeffrey Bradshaw holds a B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering and is a licensed professional engineer in many states and a certified mold assessor in Florida. He has more than 30 years of experience in building science, engineering design, and forensic consulting involving mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) systems and components. He also has extensive experience in mechanical product evaluations and vehicle accident reconstruction.
His areas of practice include vehicle accident reconstruction, property loss consulting, fire and explosion science, consumer products and product liability, building science, and construction defect claims and disputes.
Mr. Bradshaw has knowledge and expertise of design, testing, investigation, and evaluation of fire protection, plumbing, and heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. He is experienced in all types of MEP components and systems, in residential, commercial, and industrial applications. He has investigated damage to equipment due to hail and lightning. He has investigated the cause of failures and leaks involving pumps, fire sprinklers, commercial exhaust hood fire suppression systems, metal and plastic water supply pipes, drainpipes, flexible water supply lines, plumbing fixtures and components, shower pans, toilets, water heaters, boilers, furnaces, air conditioning equipment, dishwashers, washing machines, ice makers, refrigerators, septic tanks, sewage lift stations, and fish tanks. Mr. Bradshaw also has extensive experience in investigation and analysis of mold growth, moisture intrusion, humidity problems, indoor air quality problems, condensation, pipe freezes, and water leaks.
Mr. Bradshaw has evaluated consumer and workplace products involving product design, operation, maintenance, liability, and safety analysis involving injury and property damage involving machinery, power tools, chairs and furniture, power-operated doors, attic and vertical ladders, stepladders, and extension ladders. He has investigated carbon monoxide poisoning cases involving gas-fired equipment and scalding accidents involving water heaters and water temperature control devices. He has investigated products and systems involved in fires and explosions including natural gas- and propane-fired barbecue grills, fire pits, fireplaces, and cooking appliances.
Mr. Bradshaw has reconstructed accidents and evaluated transportation equipment and vehicles involving injuries, fatalities, and damage involving passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, motorcycles, scooters, bicycles, golf carts, forklifts, aerial lifts, construction equipment, and pedestrians in daytime and nighttime conditions at high and low speeds. Evaluations include damage consistency analysis, determination of speed and sequence of events, time and distance evaluations, lighting and headlamp evaluations, vehicle dynamics, DOT compliance, and perception and reaction times. He is trained and experienced in accident-reconstruction technologies, including digital site mapping, FARO 3D scanning, site and vehicle inspections, and the collection and application of Event Data Recorder (“black box”) information from commercial and passenger vehicles.
Mr. Bradshaw has testified via deposition and at trial in matters for federal and state court cases.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Mechanical Engineering, B.S.: The Pennsylvania State University (1990)
• Licensed Professional Engineer: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, and Virginia
• Traffic Accident Reconstructionist: ACTAR #2921: Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction
• Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI) #17311: National Association of Fire Investigators
• Licensed Mold Assessor: Florida MRSA2570
• Certified Aerial Lift Operator
• Certified Refrigerant Technician: Universal – Section 608, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
• Certified Bosch – Crash Data Retrieval System Technician
• Certified Continuing Insurance Education Instructor: Florida #1332553
• American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers: Member
• National Association of Fire Investigators: Member