Mr. Jordan Kays holds a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering with a specialization in structural engineering. He is a registered professional engineer in 20 states and a licensed structural engineer in Georgia and Illinois. He has over 17 years of consulting engineering experience in structural analysis, design, evaluation, and inspections.
Mr. Kays’ past experience includes land surveying, site development, structural analysis, design, and inspections, as well as other engineering services for non-building structures, including the cellular telephone industry. He has performed design and analysis work on rehabilitation construction projects utilizing steel framing, bolted and welded connections, cast-in-place and pre-stressed concrete, post-installed anchors, high tensile-strength wires, foundation systems, and timber designs. He has performed structural analysis and modification designs for water towers and cell towers in hurricane-prone regions and areas of high seismic activity. Mr. Kays has been trained and certified in tower climb and rescue, steep roof evaluations, commercial roof inspections, building envelope testing procedures, slip and fall testing procedures, pedestrian safety, and operating thermal imaging and aerial lift equipment.
Mr. Kays’ forensic experience includes investigations on bridges, residential, historical, commercial, high-rise, maritime, and industrial structures, including roof systems, building envelopes, foundations, floor coverings, boat docks, swimming pools, and structural damage assessments from a variety of reported incidences, including accidents, vehicle impacts, hurricanes, floods, storms, water intrusion, catastrophes, fires, vibrations, and construction-related defects. He has provided consultation to insurance professionals, contractors, attorneys, and property owners concerning structural and property damage evaluation, failure causation, construction defects, code compliance, and repairs/remediation for structures. He has also performed mold assessments and premises liability investigations for slip and falls, trip and falls, and falls from heights.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Civil Engineering, B.S.: University of Kentucky (2006)
• Pre-Engineering, A.S.: Eastern Kentucky University (2004)
• Licensed Professional Engineer: Alabama, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia
• Licensed Structural Engineer: Georgia and Illinois
• Florida Board of Engineering Recognized Structural Engineer (FRSE)
• Model Law Structural Engineer (MLSE): NCEES Record No. 50002
• Registered Roof Consultant (RRC): International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants (IIBEC)
• Licensed Mold Assessor: Florida (MRSA2556)
• Certified Aquatics Facility Operator (AFO): No. 121049
• ComTrain Certified – Tower Climbing Safety and Rescue
• Certified XL Tribometrist (CXLT)
• Approved Instructor: Florida Department of Financial Services
• American Society of Civil Engineers: Member
• American Society of Safety Professionals: Member
• ASTM F13 Committee on Pedestrian/Walkway Safety and Footwear: Member
• IIBEC: Member