Senior Consultant / AIA, LEED AP / Chicago
Mr. Hirota is a registered Professional Architect in Washington D.C., New York, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Texas, and Illinois; certified by the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB). He graduated from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, College of Architecture and Urban Studies, with a five year Bachelor of Architecture degree. He is an accredited professional with The U.S. Green Building Council for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED AP), a Registered Energy Professional (REP) in the city of Chicago, and a member of the American Institute of Architects (AIA).
Mr. Hirota has over 25 years of experience in the design, documentation and construction of commercial, residential and institutional structures. He has extensive experience leading teams from the initial proposal, design process, building code and ADA evaluations, documentation, and specifications thru contract administration and project closeout. Possessing thorough technical expertise in construction technology, he has directed and executed design ideas through creative, buildable and coordinated detailing. Mr. Hirota has leveraged his building construction experience into clear solutions for building owners, insurance companies, attorneys and associated clients.
He is experienced in investigating and analyzing failures related to residential, commercial and industrial facilities. This includes investigating construction defects, failures in building envelopes, roof damage, and verifying construction compliance with applicable building codes, ADA requirements and contract documentation and specifications. He has provided expert witness testimony.
Property Types -
- Single and multifamily family residences, commercial, religious, farm and industrial buildings.
Property Assessments -
- Evaluation and assessment of existing conditions.
- Evaluation for compliance with ADA /ANSI A117.1 standards, building codes, and life safety standards.
- Evaluation for compliance with the Energy Conservation code
Post-event Investigations -
- Inspections and evaluations of properties following loss events.
- Recommendations for repairs and remediation.
Design Review and Existing Conditions Analysis -
- Review of contract documents and as-built conditions for adherence to design standards.
- Review of contract documents and as-built conditions for construction defect analysis.
- B. Arch Architecture - Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech)
- Registered Professional Architect - District of Columbia., Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New York, Texas, Wisconsin
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)
- LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP)
- Registered Energy Professional (REP)