Senior Consultant / AIA / Chicago
Mr. Hirota has a professional five-year Bachelor of Architecture degree and is a licensed architect in Washington, D.C., New York, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Ohio, Texas, and Illinois. He is a member of the American Institute of Architects, an accredited LEED AP professional, a Certified XL Tribometrist, an FAA Registered Drone Pilot and a Registered Energy Professional.
Mr. Hirota has over 25 years of experience in the design, documentation, and construction of commercial, residential, and institutional structures. He has extensive experience leading teams from the initial proposal, property condition assessments, design process, building code and ADA evaluations, documentation, and specifications thru construction, contract administration, and project closeout. He has directed and executed design concepts through creative, buildable, and coordinated detailing and leveraged his building construction experience into clear solutions for building owners, insurance companies, attorneys, and associated clients. He has guided architectural teams and supported consultants in the schedule, design, documentation, and contract administration of both public and private sector projects. Mr. Hirota served as the primary lead during construction, working with the client, general contractor and project team solving issues as they occurred in the field. Project experience includes planning, renovations, and new construction of churches, schools, day care facilities, multi-family residence facilities, gymnasiums, commercial kitchens, network operations centers, hotels, interior office fit-outs, and historic renovations.
Education and Certifications
- Architecture, B.S.: Virginia Polytechnic and State University (Virginia Tech)
Licensed Architect: District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, Wisconsin, and Missouri (pending)
- LEED® Accredited Professional (LEED AP): U.S. Green Building Council
- Certified XL Tribometrist (CXLT): Excel Tribometers LLC
- Licensed 14CFR part 107 Drone Pilot (UAG): Federal Aviation Administration
- Suspended Scaffold: Competent Person Certification: OSHA
- Bureau of Capital Outlay Management Certification (BCOM): Virginia
- Revit Level 1: Architecture Certification
- Thermal/Infrared Thermography Level 1: Building Specific Certification
- CPR Pro Certification, Wilderness First Aid, Swift Water Rescue, Vertical Rope Rescue, Cave RescueB. Arch Architecture - Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech)