Lisa M. Powers
Nurse Consultant / BSN, RN, CNOR / Atlanta
Ms. Powers is a Registered Nurse with 35 years of experience. She started her career in Critical Care, with 5 years in various Intensive Care Units around the country. Seeking new opportunities, she switched her focus to the Operating Room, specializing in Trauma and Orthopedics. Extending her Orthopedics/Trauma skills in one of the busiest Trauma Centers in the Southeast, Greenville (SC) Memorial Hospital Systems (now Prima Health Greenville Memorial Hospital), she attained the knowledge of rapid-paced Trauma Care. In her most recent position, she was Clinical Director for a Sports Medicine Surgery Center in Atlanta.
Now, as a Nurse Consultant, Ms. Powers reviews medical records and assists consultants and clients to understand the medical aspects of their cases. She produces reports, as needed, with detailed information required for a variety of cases. Also, her extensive medical knowledge can be utilized in a wide variety of ways to assist the consultant and client in the progression of cases.
Education and Certifications
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing: Aspen University
• Legal Nurse Consultant Certificate
• Diploma in Nursing: Finley Hospital School of Nursing, Dubuque, IA
• Delta Epsilon Tau Honor Society
• Certified Nurse in the Operating Room (CNOR), 2015-Present
• American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants (AALNC)
• Registered Nursing License: Georgia #RN146410