Mark A. Webber
Principal Consultant / BCMA, C.P.H., LTE, MArborA, OCMNT, R.C.A.,TPAQ, TRAQ / Columbus
Mark A. Webber holds 19 different certifications, qualifications, accreditations, and licensures in the fields of arboriculture and horticulture. Most notably, Mr. Webber is a Registered Consulting Arborist, Board Certified Master Arborist, and Certified Professional Horticulturist with over 45 years of relevant professional experience.
Mr. Webber provides investigations, reports, and testimony in matters related to tree condition, maintenance, and removal. His expertise includes the management of nursery, arboricultural, agricultural, and landscaping operations; pesticide use; crop injuries due to biotic and abiotic conditions; appraisals of crops, tree, and plant damage; tree failures; tree failures due to biotic and abiotic conditions; and an assortment of arboricultural, horticultural, and agricultural issues. Mr. Webber is an admitted member of 32 industry organizations, including the American Society of Consulting Arborist, Chartered Institute of Horticulture, International Dendrology Society, American Phytopathological Society, and the OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) Small Business Advocacy Review Panel for Tree Care Industry Rules. Mr. Webber has been a court-qualified expert in his field in Ohio, New Jersey, Michigan, Washington, and California.
Mr. Webber has been working at farms and nurseries since 1975. He remains active in his industry by serving on committees and boards and as the Founder/Co-owner of an arboricultural and horticultural firm. In this capacity, he provides a full range of landscape design, installation, and landscape management. His company provides tree evaluations, tree risk assessments, inventory, lawn care, weed and pest control, and tree and arboricultural services. Additional services include drainage improvements, soil and leaf testing, management of trees during construction, installation of retaining walls, consulting, and other related areas. Mr. Webber has worked as a Research Assistant for the BASF Corporation involving fungicides, insecticides, and herbicides trials on a diverse assortment of economically important agricultural and horticultural crops. He also served as an Apiary (Honey Bee) Technician for The Ohio State University.
Mr. Webber earned Associate in Applied Science and Bachelor of Science degrees in Horticultural Science with a minor in Agricultural Economics both from The Ohio State University. He is designated as a Board-Certified Master Arborist by the International Society of Arboriculture and is a Tree Risk Assessment Qualified Arborist. Mr. Webber is a Master Nursery Technician by the Ohio Nursery & Landscape Association. He is designated as an MArborA by the United Kingdom’s Arboricultural Association. Mr. Webber is also a New Jersey Licensed Tree Expert (LTE #639) and is a Licensed Arborist in multiple states. The board of the American Society of Horticultural Science has designated Mr. Webber as a Certified Professional Horticulturist. The American Society of Consulting Arborist has credentialed Mr. Webber as Registered Consulting Arborist #706.
Education and Certifications
• A.A.S., BS, Horticultural Science, Agricultural Economics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
• Graduate from ASCA (American Society of Consulting Arborist) Consulting Academy, Sacramento, California
• Tree and Plant Appraisal Qualification (TPAQ), American Society of Consulting Arborists
• Certified Professional Horticulturist #30086, American Society for Horticultural Science, Alexandria, Virginia
• Licensed Arborist: Rhode Island, Minnesota, New Jersey, Maine: First Class Landscape Arborist, First Class Utility Arborist
• Certified Tree Expert #639, Board of Tree Experts Jackson NJ
• Licensed Tree Expert #639, Board of Tree Experts Jackson NJ
• I.S.A. Board Certified Master Arborist OH-0824BUM, International Society of Arboriculture, (I.S.A. Certified Arborist)
• I.S.A. Certified Arborist Municipal Specialist, International Society of Arboriculture
• I.S.A. Certified Arborist Utility Specialist, International Society of Arboriculture
• Tree Risk Assessment Qualified (TRAQ), International Society of Arboriculture
• Ohio Commercial Pesticide Applicator 6A, 6C, 8
• Wildlife Protector Certification, Wildlife Training Institute
• Master Nursery Landscape Technician, Ohio Nursery & Landscape Association (ONLA), Columbus, OH
• MArborA, designated by the Arboricultural Association, United Kingdom
• Registered Consulting Arborist #706, American Society of Consulting Arborist
• Sky Warn Weather Spotter Training Certification, National Weather Service