Mark H. Nelson
Products Division Manager, Eastern Region / P.E., NAFI-CFEI, NAFI-CVFI, ACTAR / Charlotte
Mr. Nelson is a graduate of the University of Florida with a B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering. He is a registered professional engineer and a NAFI Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI), and a NAFI Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator (CVFI). In addition, he is an ACTAR-certified Traffic Accident Reconstructionist.
Mr. Nelson’s professional background consists of 10 years of experience in machinery design and manufacturing, project management, and engineering management. He possesses broad experience in materials selection and application, process conceptualization, engineering design, hands-on testing and development of final products, engineering and quality standards, components part supplier selection and management, development and implementation of customer training programs, and customer relations. His specific areas of expertise include the design, development, and manufacturing of high-speed process machinery. Mr. Nelson’s skills also include covering systems and tarpaulins for the heavy-duty truck and waste industries in the international and domestic markets.
Mr. Nelson’s areas of expertise include investigating residential commercial, and industrial building fires, appliance fires, chimney and solid-fuel burning appliance fires, natural gas and propane explosions, and vehicles and heavy machinery fires.
In addition, Mr. Nelson’s failure analysis includes piping and plumbing failures, residential appliances and HVAC systems, and items such as door systems, lift gates, and machinery failure and accident analysis. Mr. Nelson’s experience includes vehicle accident reconstruction and vehicle component failure evaluations.
Education and Certifications
- Mechanical Engineering, B.S.: University of Florida
- Registered Professional Engineer: Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, and West Virginia
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI): National Association of Fire Investigators
- Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator (CVFI): National Association of Fire Investigators
- F.I.R.E. Certified Fireplace & Chimney Inspector
- Certified Traffic Accident Reconstructionist: Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR)