Ms. Mary Jorgensen has over 28 years of nursing experience in various settings including critical care, hospice, home care, long-term care, critical care transport, EMS, labor relations, and quality improvement. She was board certified as a critical care nurse during her bedside career and is now a board-certified Legal Nurse Consultant. She worked as a Nurse Paralegal for DLA in New York for the defense team of a major pharmaceutical company in class action diet drug litigations. She worked for Deacon Moulds & Stofer, PA in St. Petersburg, Florida, as a Nurse Paralegal in defense of medical malpractice claims and as the in-house consulting expert for allegations of long-term care negligence.
Now, as a Nurse Consultant, Ms. Jorgensen applies her extensive, broad clinical-based knowledge to review and analyze medical records to assist consultants and clients in understanding the medical aspects of each case and how her findings impact the overall case value. She produces reports and chronologies specific to allegations of injury in accordance with clients’ needs and serves as a resource to consultants and clients during the progression of cases.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Registered Nursing License: Florida #RN9295195
• Associate of Applied Science in Nursing: Cochran School of Nursing, Yonkers, NY (1994)
• Legal Nurse Consultant Certified (2010 to Present)
• Certified Nurse in Adult Critical Care (CCRN Alumnus)
• American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants (AALNC), 2010-Present