Michael L. Hampton
Consultant / P.E. / Jackson
Mr. Hampton graduated from Louisiana Tech University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering. He is a licensed Professional Engineer with experience in civil and structural engineering analysis, design, failure analysis, and construction services. His design experience includes computerized structural design of commercial or residential structures; building and equipment foundation design; structural steel design, timber design and concrete design. Mr. Hampton has developed repair details for steel, wood, and concrete structures; structural plans for large residential or commercial buildings. He has supervised construction and repair operations, responded to construction deviations, developed design procedures, and provided recommendations where needed. His most recent work includes investigations pertaining to civil engineering-related systems for insurance companies, law firms, and property owners. He has expertise in assessing buildings and structures for construction defects, moisture intrusion/water damage, structural failure analysis, differential foundation movement, and damage from hurricanes, fires, hail and wind.
Representative engagements include:
- Structural design of large residential homes, commercial buildings, and other structural entities
- Foundation settlement investigations.
- Structural evaluations of residential and commercial structures from long-term and sudden causes of various types.
- Moisture source determination.
- Evaluation of residential and commercial roofs.
- B.S. – Civil Engineering – Louisiana Tech University
- Registered Professional Engineer – Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi